Globus collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Consumers (past and potential passengers);
- Business Relations** and Employment.***
Consumer information is usually collected via promotions, competitions and consumer queries.
Information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information required to travel overseas, including passport and itinerary details
- information about your preference for products we offer
- a record of any queries you have made.
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Globus collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Globus, its brands, special offers and other promotions
- to reward you for being a loyal Globus customer
- to inform you of Globus products, promotions or publications we think may interest you
- to approve transactions you wish to make
- to confirm your identity
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to enable us to contact people nominated by you in case of emergency while you are participating in a Globus holiday
- to conduct consumer research.
How we manage personal information
In the case of promotions, competitions & other marketing activities for consumers - all entries become the property of Globus (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Globus).
Globus supports permission-based marketing. Where consent exists, Globus may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Globus, its brands, special offers, consumer research and other promotions.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by contacting the Globus Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under 'Access and correction of details'.
Except where you are otherwise notified, Globus does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Globus outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Globus, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our related companies
- organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- government or statutory authorities.
These organisations may directly contact you on behalf of Globus.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Globus holds on you by contacting the Globus Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Globus to correct the information. If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Globus Privacy Officer at:
Circuit Travel Pty Ltd
GPO Box 3436
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: (02) 8259 1110
Facsimile: (02) 8259 1120
Send to a Friend
By using the "send to a friend" feature, you are requesting a message or document be sent to another person via email or post. Below is important information about using this send to a friend facility.
- An email will be sent to each recipient(s) you specify.
- Should the details of the send to a friend request not comply with any terms and conditions of any promotion associated with the request, the message will not be sent.
Revised by Globus Corporate Communications
*Related Companies - Includes the Globus Family of Brands - Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways. Globus trades in Australia as Circuit Travel Pty Ltd.
** Business Relations - Personal information of those with whom we have business relations typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business.
***Employment - Personal information collected from our contractors, as with Business Relations above, typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business, especially in relation to the engagement of the contractor's services. Information is also collected from potential employees in the recruitment process.
For more information about your privacy go to http://privacy.gov.au/