- Are gratuities included?
For all departures we offer the option to pre-pay your gratuities. This option gives you a greater capacity to manage your holiday budget which means you will no longer need to reach into your pocket at the conclusion of your tour to pay your Tour Director and driver for their service.
Please note that pre-paid gratuities cover only the land portion operated by Globus of the tour itinerary. Where we source other leading operators for cruising, rail or local guided elements of your holiday, the option to pre-pay your gratuities is not available.
- What is an Optional Excursion?
- Optional excursions are offered during the free time on tour so passengers have the option to either relax, explore on their own or take our optional excursions. Unfortunately availability is always subject to sufficient participation, weather conditions, seasonal suitability, group interest, and general feasibility for your vacation. Optional excursions priced in Australian dollars on our website can be pre purchased and optional excursions priced in the local currency can only be booked and paid with the tour director whilst on tour.
- Can I book Optional Excursions before travel?
- You can pre purchase selected optional excursions for your tour through your MyAccount between 90 and 10 days prior to travel, on tour departures which have been placed on a "Guaranteed Departure" status. We do not offer Young Traveller discount on prepaid optional excursions so we recommend that you book and pay optional excursions for children (aged 8-13 years) with the tour director at the start of the tour. Passengers under 18 years of age will not be able to participate in excursions or activities unless accompanied by an adult. The Company does not provide any child watching services. Many excursions and activities offer discounted pricing to children aged 13 and younger. Please see each excursion’s or activity’s pricing for details. Some excursions require participants to be a certain age to participate in all portions of the excursion (i.e. wine excursions). There are no refunds for those portions of the excursion in which the young traveller cannot participate. The price reflects participation.
- Do I need to reconfirm my tour?
Once your booking has been linked to your MyAccount you will be able to view your reservation and hotels for your tour under the ‘My Bookings’ tab. Hotels are subject to change and any changes will be automatically updated in your My Account and on our website.
Your tour documents for travel will list a contact phone number for re-confirmation of your 'Joining Hotel' location on arrival. Please ensure you read these instructions carefully before you travel.
- Emergency Contact Information?
- Providing Globus with your Emergency Contact information is compulsory and needs to be supplied to Globus before travel documents can be sent. Please update your emergency contacts and update your profile via the MyAccount
- Extra accommodation and airport transfers?
You can add pre/post tour accommodation to your reservation. This price does include breakfast on Globus tours. Please note that hotels are subject to change but by booking your pre/post accommodation with us this ensures that if your hotel changes then we will try to change your pre/post accommodation to the same hotel. On the rare occasions that there is no available then alternative accommodation will be reserved at a hotel of equivalent standard. If this does occur than the transfer between the hotels will be at our expense. Prices for pre/post accommodation can be found DATES/PRICES for your tour and listed at the bottom under Extra Accommodation Prices.
Airport transfers can be added to your reservation for an additional cost, as long as they link in with the start/end dates of your tour or with pre/post tour accommodation booked with us. Please contact your travel agent for airport transfer prices.
- How do I exchange currency?
Currency can be exchanged at airports or banks. Debit and credit cards are accepted at most bank machines throughout the world. It is advised that you check with your bank prior to departure, to be sure that your cards operate in the destinations you are travelling.
- How much luggage can I bring?
- Porterage for one suitcase on tour is included in the tour price. Due to limited coach capacity and keeping within the guidelines of Occupation Health and safety, we strongly recommend that this single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 76x53x28cm (30"x 21"x 11") and weight not exceeding 22 kg (50 lbs). We do understand that slight variations to these dimensions will occur and provided the variations are only slight, luggage will be accepted on the coach.
Due to limited space on luggage racks in the coach, carry-on bags should not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12"x11"x6"). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable as hand luggage on motorcoaches and minibuses as these bags can cause damage to persons and property if it falls from the overhead compartments for any reason. A carry-on bag and a handbag will be suitable inside the coach.
- Travelling with special needs and requirements?
Do you have medication that requires refrigeration? Travel with a Sleep Apnoea machine? Allergies? Disabilities? Please refer to our terms and conditions and discuss with your travel agent.
- Will I require any vaccinations?
- We recommend you speak with your travel agent or doctor to find out if vaccinations are required for the countries you will be visiting. For Australian Citizens, the Australian Government provide country specific information for every country in the world, including quick facts about vaccinations needed. This information can be found at: http://smartraveller.gov.au
- Bedding configuration?
- Every effort is made to reserve only twin-bedding room. Occasionally, some hotels will only provide double-bedded rooms. These rooms will be allocated to couple where possible. If your preference is for a double bed, please request this at time of booking. Please note that as we do not own the hotels, and it is the hotels themselves that undertake the room allocation, double rooms are only a request and cannot be guaranteed. You can save when three people travel together and share accommodations. Triple-room configurations vary and are at the discretion of each hotel. Refer to the itinerary pages for the specific reduction per tour.
(Note: A triple room is usually the same size as a twin room, with beds to accommodate three. We cannot guarantee there will be three separate beds. If there are only two beds, a roll away bed may be requested but cannot be guaranteed.)